“How long does it take Invisalign to work?” is likely one of the first questions you may ask when deciding on teeth straightening options. This popular aligner option can be found in both dentist and orthodontist offices and is a popular choice for those looking to improve their smile.
How Long Does it Take Invisalign to Work?
On average, you can expect your Invisalign treatment to take between six months and a year to complete. The exact amount of time you will need to get your desired result will depend on the complexity of your case. In cases with less complexity and only minor straightening, you can expect the process to take closer to six months, while more complicated patients may find the process takes a year or longer. The good news is that most patients will see some improvement in just over a month.
What Might Affect Treatment Length?
To fully answer the question of “how long does it take Invisalign to work?”, it is crucial to understand the different factors that may have an impact on the treatment time. Some of the factors that can influence the time it takes for straightening include:
- Occlusion Type: The length of time to straighten will depend on whether you have an overbite, underbite, crowding, or gaps.
- Age: Younger patients will typically see results sooner than adults since their teeth are easier to realign.
- Compliance: Failing to follow the necessary steps can make the process longer than expected.
How to Make the Process More Effective
Following instructions is the best way to ensure the shortest process. Below are a few tips to keep in mind to help you out.
- Always keep regular dentist and orthodontic appointments.
- Ensure your aligners are in place 20 to 22 hours a day, removing them only for short periods as needed.
- Keep with your tray schedule.
If you are interested in straightening your smile and wondering “how long does it take Invisalign to work?”, the best thing to do is schedule a consultation where your specific needs are discussed, and a treatment plan can be determined. Ready to get started? Contact Smile Experience Orthodontics today to schedule an appointment.